Hong Kong BN(O) Citizens and close family members will be able to apply to come to the UK, or to remain here, from the end of this month.

Successful applicants will be granted permission to live here for 30 months or for 5 years, depending on the length of time they apply for, and after 5 years of living in the UK under this route they will be able to settle permanently (if eligible at the time.)

They will be permitted to work and study in the UK and will have access to the National Health Service as they must pay the Immigration Health surcharge as part of the application process. Their children will be able to attend state schools.

Applicants may need to provide a TB test certificate, even those who are already in the UK in certain situations.

More detailed information can be accessed at the link below and if you have questions or would like us to assist with your application please e mail us on

New Immigration Application Systems

New in-country application procedures are being introduced from today ( 2nd November 2018) meaning that many more applications will be completed on-line with paper application forms gradually being withdrawn .

A new UK Visa and Citizenship Application Service ( UKVCAS) has been established and will open 57 centres across the UK including centres in Gloucester, Reading and Swindon where supporting evidence will be submitted and biometrics will be taken.

Additional services will be available for an extra cost, similar to those on offer when applying for visas from outside the UK. These will include out of hours appointments and a document translation service.

For additional information on the changes please e mail Jenny Harvey on