Settlement on the grounds of domestic violence

It is often believed that someone in the UK as the dependent partner of a British national ( or one with settled status or a member of HM forces who has served for at least 4 years) will be forced to leave the UK if their relationship ends because of violence or other forms of abuse. This is not the case. It is vital that anyone suffering from abuse including violence and verbal and financial abuse takes immediate legal advice. They may well be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK without the need for continuing “ sponsorship” by their partner.

We have had a lot of success in helping with such applications and in assisting clients to obtain the evidence they need to support their cases, often speaking to the relevant police officers, doctors, and other people who an Applicant has previously confided in. There is usually no right of appeal if an application is refused so it is really important to get help with preparing an application if possible.

Although we do not offer legal aid we are generally able to offer a fixed fee and to accept payment by installments if needed.